This project idea is an improvement on the original DIY water bottle power filter
design. The goal was to make the filter safer for long-term use around smaller
DIY Water Bottle
Power Filter with
Screw on Cap
- Soldering Iron
- Utility razor with handle
- Goo Gone adhesive remover
- Magic Marker
- Straight edge ruler
- Maxi-Jet 400 or 600 Powerhead
- Best Choice 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese bottle
- SmartWater 33.8 oz. drinking water bottle
- Filter floss / Polyester Fiberfill
- Paper towel
Using the utility razor, make a small cut in the
parmesan cheese bottle label.
From the cut, the label should easily tear and
be removed from the bottle.
The label on the Smartwater bottle is a little
harder to pull off, but should remove in one
piece without tearing.
The bare bottle will be sticky from the label
Apply some Goo Gone adhesive remover to
some paper towel and rub off all the sticky stuff.
Page 1 of 4
do-it-yourself aquarium and semi-aquatic background designs beyond the traditional